80% of the Australian population over 14 has an active Facebook …
If you think that’s crazy, 50% of them use it every single day! 400 new users sign up for Facebook EVERY MINUTE around the world. Users access Facebook an average of eight times per day!
So what you have here, is the majority of your audience, that you can access every day, multiple times per day, and new potential customers becoming available to access every single day. If you’re not doing everything you can to make the most out of it, it poses the question of whether you should be in the looney bin. If you’re all a bit lost with it here’s some free information.
1. Add a recognizable profile picture – company logo!!
2. Choose an engaging cover photo – high quality! And check it out on your desktop and mobile, they display differently and the dimensions change OFTEN!
3. Post GREAT content, every single day!
4. Brand your content
5. Start doing LIVE videos. 1 in 5 Facebook videos is now a live broadcast, and for good reason, it reaches A LOT more people
6. Spend half of your advertising budget on content that received great organic engagement – they have viral potential
7. Spend the other half of your advertising budget on ads that create action.
8. ENGAGE with your customers
9. Talk your own talk – its SOCIAL media. Perfectly curated marketing spiels get LESS engagement than rants from a real person
8. Never use more than 2 hashtags on Facebook, even Facebook thinks it looks spammy and reduces your reach
9. Add a call-to-action button – it drives people to take action
10. Fill in your ABOUT section. Its one of the first places people click when trying to get more information about your business
If all of this still sounds like complete jibberish or you really want to get the most out of Facebook find someone to teach you! Get some Social Media Training! Or better yet, delegate, get someone to do it for you! This should not be something you “will get around to later”. In case you missed it, 80% of the population is on Facebook and 50% of the population use it every single day, 8 times a day, this should be your number 1 marketing priority!!